About the Organization
Life's calling. Answer.
Kaweah Delta Health Care District plays a significant role in the health and well-being of California's great Central Valley.For more than 50 years, we have provided a wide array of state-of-the-art and nationally recognized services.
Kaweah Delta Health Care District has 4,300+ employees and 462+ physicians on staff. The District, as a whole, currently operates581 beds. We offer state of the art facilities including a 452 bed regional medical center, a regional cancer center, a regional heart center, outpatient imaging center, 2 dialysis units, SNF, assisted living facility, Alzheimers center, rehabilitation hospital, mental health hospital, hospice services, home health and outpatient surgery center.
We offer tremendous IT infrastructure with a completely wireless hospital, Inpatient EMR, and FUJI PACS capabilities.These services are available in the hospital, in your office, and in your home.Our medical service area is over 500,000 and we are a Level III traumacenter.More technology can be seen in the MAK pharmacy project, Drager Telemetry system, 64 slice CT, EVO and D'Vinci robotics technology.The hospital is dedicated to technological advancement.
Graduate Medical Education - Kaweah Delta Health Care District is home to 5 residency programs: Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, General Surgery and Transitional Year. All residencies are affiliated with UC Irvine.
About the Community
Known as the Crown Jewel of the San Joaquin Valley, Visalia is centrally located between Los Angeles and San Francisco.The cost of living may be small town, but the cultural amenities are big city.Our community of Visalia is 130,000 people and is the county seat for Tulare County which recently reached 435,000.
Living in Visalia you will find:
- 300+ Days Of Sunshine/No Humidity/No Tornados/No Hurricanes
- 40 Minutes to PF Chang's, Ruth Chris, Cheesecake Factory, etc
- Affordable Housing - Gated Communities/Ranches/Horse Property/Lots/Acreage
- Shop-All The Box Stores/Large Mall/Large Outlet Mall/Costco/Home Goods
- 2 Certified Farmers Market/Symphony/Theater/Art/Antiques
- Vibrant Main Street with over 44 Family or Individually Owned Restaurants
- Over 100 Restaurants In Town/Wine Country In 90 Minutes
- All Religious Denominations Represented/Strong Traditional Family Values
- Organized Youth Sports/Dance/Gymnastics/Music/Scouts
- Excellent Public/Private-Parochial School Options/Local Colleges and Universities
- Lifestyle Center/24 Hour Fitness/Equestrian Facilities
- Easy Access to Californias Outdoors: Sierra Nevada Mountains, Yosemite,
Sequoia, Kings Canyon National Parks: Hiking, Fishing, Skiing, Mountain Biking,
Camping, White Water Rafting
- Alpine Lakes/Creeks/Water Skiing/Fly Fishing/Kayaking/White Water Rafting
- 2.5 Hours-Los Angeles/3 Hours-San Francisco - 2 Hours Pacific Coast