About the Organization
Archbold is a regional healthcare system with four hospitals and three nursing homes based in Thomasville, Georgia. Recognized as a Top Hospital in Georgia by Georgia Trend Magazine for five consecutive years, Archbold is licensed for 540 patient beds, employs more than 2,500 people and has a medical staff of more than 160 qualified specialists.
* New state-of-the-art Emergency, Surgery and Intensive Care facilities, and new private patient rooms
* Only Level II Trauma Center in Georgia South of Macon
* Neurosurgery coverage 24/7
* Two daVinci Robotic Surgery units
* Full service homecare network- hospice, home health, home medical equipment and infusion and pharmacy services
* Inpatient, Outpatient and IN-home Dialysis
* 3D Mammography
* Award-winning interventional cardiology program
* Highest utilization rate in the region for transradial approach of cardiac catheterization
* Cardiology clinical research, including recent C-PORT study with Johns Hopkins
* Radiation oncology, medical oncology, hematology and support services in one location
* The first and only hospital to partner with the Emory Winship Cancer Institute (the only NCI designated cancer center in Georgia) for clinical trials
* Region's only Gamma Knife Perfexion, non-invasive brain surgery technology
About the Community
Thomasville is internationally known for its piney woods, hunting plantations, and warm, welcoming locals. Situated just 30 miles from Tallahassee, the Capital of Florida, Thomasville is commonly known as a destination for sportsmen. Favorite outdoor local pastimes include river kayaking; quail, duck, dove, deer and turkey hunting; fishing; golf; tennis; bird watching; running; and biking.
The family-centered city has strong private and public educational opportunities, and outstanding sports and fitness facilities for youth sports and adult fitness and healthy living opportunities. Downtown Thomasville's pedestrian-friendly, tree-lined, brick streets feature an eclectic mix of shops and restaurants selling southern-made goods and internationally designed clothing and home decor. The local arts and culture scene is thriving, with youth and adult programming and instruction provided by the Thomasville Center for the Arts.
Thomasville is many things to different people. It's a thriving small town known for its southern hospitality and easy way of life. But is also touts amenities and attractions of a much larger community- quality healthcare, education, thriving churches, and a broad range of entertainment and recreational activities.
Quite simply, Thomasville is "a place apart"- a wonderful place to raise a family, work, retire, and grow old.