Job ID: 289819640
Last Updated: 2/5/2021
Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation
Human Resources Recruiter
Accepts J-1 Visas
The primary function of a dental assistant (DA) is to perform chair-side assistance in all areas of dentistry such as, restorative, prosthodontics, surgery, endodontics, and periodontics for both routine and emergent care. Dental Assistants will greet and seat patients, take radiographs, set-up instruments for procedures, clean/disinfect operatories, use proper infection control protocol at all times. DAs are also involved with community programs such as the School-based Sealant & Fluoride Varnish Program. DAs will rotate through all clinics within the TCRHCC Dental Program. DAs are required to work with the Electronic Dental Record (EDR) and Electronic Health Record (EHR). Customer Service is a priority for all dental staff.
Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
Must have completed a Dental Assistant Training Course in a full-time program of 6 months or greater in duration
Applicant must have active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by the American Heart Association.
Employee must maintain BLS certification during employment at TCRHCC.
Must have experience with chair-side assistance as part of Dental Assisting (DA) Training program and be able to demonstrate knowledge of dental instruments and experience with rubber-dam isolation.
Must have worked:
? As a DA continuously for 2 years within the past 5 years if the date of graduation from DA training is 5 yrs or more from the date of application for employment OR
? As a DA continuously for 1 year if the date of graduation from DA training is within 3-5 yrs from the date of application for employment OR
? As a DA or volunteer DA if the date of graduation from DA training is less than 3 yrs from the date of application for employment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers. All employment references must indicate success in each of the following areas:
Positive working relationships with others
Possession of high ethical standards and no history of complaints
Reliable and dependable; reports to work as scheduled without excessive absences
Knowledge of dental instruments, basic dental anatomy and operation of dental x-ray equipment
Must be proficient in dental charting for treatment planning purposes
Must be proficient in four-handed dentistry
Basic computer skills needed to complete required administrative tasks
1. Must prepare patient for proper dental procedures including setting up instruments
2. Sterilizing dental instruments and equipment at satellite clinics
3. Organizing and laying out instruments for dental providers use
4. Meeting and greeting patients and seating them in the dental chair
5. Keeps alert to condition of patient during treatment; checking for signs of fainting, shock, or other signs of distress
6. Perform routine dental laboratory procedures including pouring and trimming models, constructing custom impression trays, fabricating base plates and bite rims, fabricating mouth guards, basic denture repairs, etc
7. Perform rubber dam isolation for restorative/operative and endodontic procedures
8. Responsible for cleaning, packaging and sterilizing all dental instruments and proper storage
9. Proficient in taking radiographs
10. Proficient in dental charting for exams and treatment planning
11. After appropriate training, may provide supragingival cleanings using a Piezon, rubber cup prophylaxis, dental sealants, and fluoride treatments under general supervision by a dental provider
12. Provide Oral Hygiene Instructions (OHI) and Post-Op Instructions (POI) for certain procedures (e.g. extractions, root canal treatments)
13. Must complete all mandatory trainings and certifications as required of the position in the timeframe designated by supervisor (e.g. radiology, infection control, periodontal therapy, mandatory hospital trainings)
14. Will work with EDR and EHR programs; training will be provided
15. Responsible for electronic health records data entry pertinent to patient service role
16. Performs other duties as assigned
View Full Employer Profile