Job ID: 289540782
Last Updated: 1/14/2019
Addiction Specialist wanted at Virginia Commonweatlh University Health
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Manager, Physician Recruitment
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Psychiatry
The Division of Addiction Psychiatry at VCU Health has an extraordinary opportunity for a BC/BE Psychiatrist with clinical interest/experience in Addictions. This unique faculty position offers the successful candidate the chance to create a practice that can be tailored to their specific interests and backgrounds and to have a full range of clinical, educational, research, public policy and leadership activities. Join one of the top academic addiction programs in the United States where youll have a voice, work with leaders who listen and inspire while enjoying never-ending opportunities to learn and advance.
- Providing clinical coverage to patients suffering from Addictions
- Good mix of inpatient, outpatient and residential care
- Teach, supervise and mentor medical students, residents and fellows of our Addiction Medicine program
- Give lectures, lead rotations, and teach in our electronic patient simulation laboratory
- Participate in research ranging from basic preclinical and genetic studies, to brain imaging and clinical trials
- Opportunity to collaborate in our Addiction Division led 6,000 square foot Advanced Research Imaging facility which houses VCUs 3T MRI
- Involvement in public policy
- Leadership opportunity to function as a Medical Director for the Virginia Health Practitioner Monitoring Program
- Work on performance management and quality improvement projects
- MD or DO
- BE/BC Psychiatry with interest in Addiction
- BE/BC in Addiction Psychiatry or Addiction Medicine preferred but not required
About the Division of Addiction Psychiatry and VCU Institute for Drug and Alcohol Studies:
Successful candidates would join the VCU Institute for Drug and Alcohol studies, under the direction of F. Gerard Moeller, M.D. Research studies underway in the institute include fMRI and DTI studies and clinical trials in cocaine dependence, genetic studies in substance use disorders, and brain imaging in mild traumatic brain injury. The Institute has ongoing research funding from the National Institute on Drug Abuse and active collaborations with TBI researchers with Department of Defense funding. There is also an active clinical and research collaboration with the Substance Abuse Treatment Program at the Richmond Veterans Hospital.
There are well-equipped and staffed research facilities, outpatient research treatment facilities, and human behavioral laboratory facilities. The Institute oversees the Collaborative Advanced Research Imaging facility which houses a research dedicated 3T Philips MRI scanner and a research clinic with human behavioral laboratory testing and urine toxicology testing facilities. The Addiction Psychiatry Division has close ties and/or collaborations within VCU School of Medicine, Radiology, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Neurology. In addition there is a close working relationship between the Division and the Mental Health Service at the Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Hospital. This is a strategic position that requires vision and leadership, yet offers opportunity for hands-on work in a variety of areas. Strong academic department with over 80 faculty and outstanding programs in Addictions Research, FMRI, and Psychiatric Genetics.
View Full Employer Profile