Job ID: 289506638
Last Updated: 6/4/2018
Rheumatology Opening in Sioux Falls with Avera Medical Group Ranked #3 as Best Places to Practice
Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
AVERA MEDICAL GROUP RHEUMATOLOGY
Join an established single-specialty clinic with referrals from the largest health system in the upper Midwest. Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center is seeking a rheumatologist to joinfour board certified rheumatologists employed by the hospital.
- 545 bed facility
- Join 4 Board Certified Rheumatologists
- Potential for clinical research through Avera Research Institute
- Clinical Faculty Appointment is a possibility in conjunction with University of South Dakota School of Medicine
- Academic activities include teaching medical students, family medicine residents and internal medicine residents
- Avera eICU connects patients in the 6 state area via latest networking critical care technology
- Partnership with the best cardiac and thoracic services in the region.
- EMR for longitudinal care
- Seasons nursing staff and mid-level support
- Avera eCARE model for extending access to specialist via technology: eICU, eEmergency, eConsult and ePharmacy
- Non-profit, Catholic facility and the regional referral center for the Avera Health System and surrounding five-state area
- A full range of services offered, including Careflight airplane and helicopter air ambulances, Level II Trauma Center, open heart surgery, the region's only program for kidney, pancreas and bone marrow transplants, one of the finest birthing centers nationwide with perinatologists, Level III NICU with neonatologists, PICU with pediatric intensivists, CARF accredited rehabilitation
- Employed by Avera McKennan Hospital
- Generous benefit package that includes loan forgiveness
- Service area population: 800,000
- Population: 200,000
Ranked #3 as Best Places to Practice for physicians by MedScapes
As South Dakota's largest city, Sioux Falls is consistently ranked among America's top places to live. With a metro-area population of 243,900, Sioux Falls benefits from safe streets, excellent schools, low unemployment and no state income tax, to offer a superb quality of life.
With one of the Midwest's most dynamic and diverse business environments, Sioux Falls is home to industry-leading companies in agribusiness, financial services, healthcare and tourism. Sioux Falls is regularly ranked in Forbes magazine's Best Small Places for Business and Careers.
Sioux Falls also boasts a low cost of living compared to other Midwestern cities.
Learn More About Sioux Falls Below
As the urban center for the region, Sioux Fallsfeatures unique restaurants, retail shops and cultural venues. It also attracts big-name performing artists and Broadway shows.
Downtown Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls is home to a vibrant, revitalized downtown filled with local shops, bars and restaurants.
Two farmers' markets serve the area, featuring locally grown produce, dairy products and meat. Many market booths feature organic options.
- Falls Park Farmer's Market
- Sioux Empire Farmer's Market
- Sertoma Butterfly House & Marine Cove
- Sioux Empire Community Theatre
- Siouxland Heritage Museums
- South Dakota Symphony Orchestra
- Washington PavilionofArtsandSciences-- Home to traveling Broadway shows, the Kirby Science Discovery Center and a Visual Arts Center.
Sioux Falls Events keeps a comprehe
Avera Medical Group is an integrated physicians' network of Avera Health. Strength of 300 locations in 100 communities in the five-state region of South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and North Dakota.
A medical group of over 950 professionals providing focused patient care.
Facilities known for medical excellence, technological innovation and a commitment to meet the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of all patients.
Avera Medical Group provides hometown care through physicians and allied health professionals who are connected to the technology resources of Avera. Total EMR for longitudinal care. Avera eCARE leverages interactive video and computer technology to extend specialty services through eICU, eEmergency, eConsult, ePharmacy, ePrescribing, eStroke, eSenior Care, eTransfer and eHospitalist.
Avera Medical Group is aligning physicians and leaders through Services Lines to provide the highest quality care in the most efficient way to patients across the region.
Supports high quality care and care delivery models that improve patient outcomes, increase patient and physician satisfaction in an integrated care delivery system.
Physicians employed by Avera Medical Group receive generous benefit packages that may include loan forgiveness.
View Full Employer Profile