Job ID: 290053104
Last Updated: 8/16/2021
Loma Linda University Health
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group is affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical Center, Children's Hospital and School of Medicine, with the mission to deliver whole-person care at a world-class level of clinical excellence. The Medical Center serves as the largest tertiary referral source in both Riverside and San Bernardino counties with a surrounding population over 4 million.
For over 100 years, Loma Linda University Health has been dedicated to excellence in health care, research, and education. Today we are building a new hospital and expanding our children's hospital to continue meeting the health needs of our community. The new towers will be state-of-the-art, allowing for the newest advances in technology and patient care. We are also greatly expanding and enhancing our already robust research enterprise through a new collaborative research center and program endowments.
Loma Linda University Health continues to lead in integrating a faith-based approach to whole person health care. As a Seventh-day Adventist organization, our mission is to follow the healing and teaching ministry of Jesus Christ 'to make man whole.' Together, we strive for Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Wholeness.
Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group - Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery Department has an outstanding opportunity for a full-time speech-language pathologist specializing in voice, swallowing, and upper airway disorders to join our multidisciplinary team!
Our team consists of two full-time laryngologists, two full-time speech-language pathologists, six full-time head and neck surgeons, and two physician assistants. We serve several locations in Southern California including Redlands, Loma Linda, Riverside, and Murrieta.
Our department is seeking a dynamic speech-language pathologist who aligns with the mission and vision of LLUH and the Department of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery. The ideal candidate will have expertise in the areas of dysphagia, voice, motor speech, and upper airway disorders. The speech pathologist will serve both laryngology and head and neck surgery patient populations in the outpatient, interdisciplinary setting.
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communicative Disorders required
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association
- Current California State License in Speech-Language Pathology
- A minimum of two years of experience as a speech-language pathologist
- Strongly prefer extensive experience and competence in managing complex voice and dysphagia cases
including head/neck cancer and total laryngectomy populations
- Experience in the areas of voice, dysphagia, and upper airway disorders is desired
- Strong verbal and written language skills, including basic computer knowledge and the ability to navigate electronic medical records
- Administer clinical and instrumental evaluations (acoustic & aerodynamic voice evaluations, videostroboscopy, FEES, pharyngeal and esophageal manometry, and tracheoesophageal voice prosthesis management) and treatment of voice, swallowing, motor speech, and upper airway disorders
- Collaborate with laryngologists and head/neck surgeons for patient-care planning
- Ensure patient electronic medical records (charges and documentation) are entered in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in program development and community outreach
- Assist in research and interdisciplinary educational presentations
- Support and contribute to departmental patient-centered support groups
- Perform other related duties as assigned
LOCATION OVERVIEW Loma Linda University is located between Los Angeles and Palm Springs in an area known as the Inland Empire.
BENEFITS OVERVIEW - Medical - Dental - CME days and funds - Relocation assistance - Paid malpractice insurance
J1 VISA ELIGIBILITY No
LOCATION LLU Faculty Medical Group
Interested candidates, please send your CV to:
View Full Employer Profile