Job ID: 290028597
Last Updated: 10/7/2021
Duke Pathology Seeks Assistant Director of Clinical Chemistry
The Department of Pathology at Duke University Medical Center is recruiting a full-time faculty member to serve as the Assistant Director of Clinical Chemistry for Duke University Health System Clinical Laboratories and as an Assistant or Associate Professor in the Department of Pathology.
- Our health system laboratories are College of American Pathologist (CAP) accredited, CLIA certified, state of the art, multidisciplinary labs that provide clinical services to Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, and our Duke Primary Care and hospital-based clinics.
- Duke Health has more than 290 locations providing quality health services across the entire continuum of care for our community. Duke also serves as a large tertiary care center with world-renowned expertise in transplant, oncology and cardiac care. Each year, our providers touch the lives of over 400,000 patients in our hospitals and hospital-based clinics and over twice as many in our primary care and outpatient diagnostic clinics. For these patients, our laboratories perform over 10 million tests/year across all laboratory disciplines in 42 different work centers located throughout the health system.
The Department is seeking an outstanding clinical chemist who possesses training across all areas of clinical chemistry including automated clinical chemistry, immunoassay based testing, and laboratory developed mass spectrometry based testing.
- The Assistant Director will provide technical expertise to our clinical chemistry laboratories across the health system to ensure the highest levels of patient care and to support our academic research and teaching missions.
- The Assistant Director will also serve as the on-site technical expert for chemistry, immunoassays and mass spectrometry testing in our Duke Central Automated Laboratory (DCAL). This 24/7/365 laboratory is the largest in our health system with over 3 million tests performed each year.
Although this position is clinical in nature, there are opportunities to develop a collaborative or independent clinical translational research program with clinicians and investigators within the Department of Pathology or other investigators and clinical scientists throughout the health system.
- Provide effective technical, scientific, academic and administrative leadership, direction, oversight and vision for our clinical chemistry laboratory services in support of our DUHS global mission.
- Relate and function effectively with staff, our director team, laboratory leadership, hospital leadership, applicable accrediting and regulatory agencies, the medical community and the patient population served.
- Serve as an active faculty member in our Department of Pathology at Duke University.
- The Assistant Director must qualify as a CLIA director for a high complexity-testing laboratory.
- A PhD in Laboratory Medicine or a Life Science discipline with board certification from the American Board of Clinical Chemistry or equivalent program OR a MD with residency training in Clinical Pathology with Board Certification from the American Board of Pathology.
- The ability to be successful in the key responsibilities as outlined above.
Interested candidates should submit CV and Letter of Interest via https://pdc.dukehealth.org/physician-jobs
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individuals age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
View Full Employer Profile