Job ID: 290113742
Last Updated: 12/1/2022
Part Time Pulmonary Critical Care/Intensivist NP/APP Opportunity in Boise, ID
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group is a physician led 500+ provider multi-specialty group with an excellent opportunity for an Advanced Practice Provider to join its growing Critical Care service in Boise, Idaho. In collaboration with board-certified critical care/pulmonary physicians, the nurse practitioner (NP) provides independent high-level advanced practice services to patients within the intensive care units.
Clinical responsibilities include assessment, consultation, and management of critically ill patients. Duties include but are not limited to ICU admission and discharges, procedures, such as intubation, line placements (central and arterial), and chest tube placements, thrombolytic management, and oversight of patients within scope of practice.
Responsibilities include the ability to
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Adolescents over 18, Adults and Geriatric)
- Provide timely, accurate reports to physician as appropriate
- Seek consultation as needed
- Coordinate admissions, round on patients in the ICUs, order therapies and tests, and provide continuity through the provision of triage assessment and decision making in collaboration with physicians as appropriate
- Work in collaboration with ICU Medical Director, attending, and consulting physicians to ensure provision of appropriate care
- Provide ICU admission assessments and discharges, conduct H&Ps, and assist with transfers to outside facilities
- Provide follow-up consultations and support as needed
- Provide accurate, appropriate and timely dictation and billing
- Participate in the development and clinical flow of all services provided by the department
- Work as a team with attending physicians to manage ICU census of patients
- Direct other caregivers, assisting others in learning their assigned responsibilities
- Routine and complex decisions are made independently and in conjunction with other health care team members
Support: Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise has a 22-bed Med/Surg ICU, a 10-bed cardiac ICU, and a 10 bed Cardiovascular/Thoracic ICU and provides Trauma, Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery, Neurosurgery, Interventional Cardiology, interventional stroke care, Oncology, and General Surgery services among others. Pulmonary diagnostic services include endobronchial ultrasound, bedside diagnostic ultrasound, navigational bronchoscopy, pulmonary function testing, and sleep diagnostics.
Specialty: Critical Care
Status: Full-time, Employed
Schedule: 12-hour shifts, variable schedule options rotating day and night shifts; 20 hrs/week expected
Salary and Benefits
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b)
- Current, unrestricted Nurse Practitioner medical license in Idaho
- Valid controlled substance registration with Idaho Board of Pharmacy and DEA
- A strong medical background and a desire to provide acute care to support a growing multi-specialty medical group
Boise, Meridian and Nampa anchor this growing, mid-sized metropolitan area of 730,000 people. An outdoor enthusiasts paradise with a flourishing winery presence and arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play!
Saint Alphonsus Health System is a growing 4-hospital, 714-bed, 74-clinic integrated healthcare system serving southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Saint Alphonsus Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic not-for-profit health systems in the nation. The ideal candidate will be able to commit to patient care while demonstrating and modeling our organizations Mission, Vision and Values. To learn more about Saint Alphonsus, please visit www.saintalphonsus.org.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
View Full Employer Profile