Job ID: 290112492
Last Updated: 12/1/2022
Population Health, Quality, and Safety Medical Director
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group - Boise
Under the supervision of the SAMG President and as a member of the SAMG Senior Leadership Team, the Medical Director of Population Health, Quality, and Safety) champions SAMGs Population Health and Value-Based Health Care programs with the goal of assisting with successful operational implementation of Population Health initiatives as defined by SAHS, SAHA, and SAMG executive leadership. This will be done through collaborative partnership with SAMG, Saint Alphonsus Health System (SAHS), and Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance (SAHA) executives and leaders involved in Population Health and Value-Based Health Care and the engagement of SAMG providers to implement clinical and operational processes to improve the patient experience, quality, and cost of care. Position also coordinates SAMG initiatives related to Population Health with the Director of Population Health and Quality.
1. Agrees to and supports the SAHS Mission, Vision and Core Values including in interpersonal communication and professional conduct.
2. Champion SAHS and SAMG value-based care initiatives to inform decision making based on subject matter expertise and help operationalize strategies as adopted by executive leadership.
3. Serves as SAMG's subject matter expert of the SAMG Population Health and Value-Based Health Care programs and strategies.
4. Provide recommendations to MGPS senior leadership in relation to translating SAMG Population Health and Value-Based Health Care strategies into SAMG operations.
5. Establishing resource requirements and budgets (as necessary) for proposed/adopted redesign initiatives.
6. Supporting designated MGPS staff in the translation of adopted redesign initiatives into day-to-day workflows.
7. Serve as the MGPS physician champion for Population Health strategies and redesign initiatives (i.e. provider engagement and education).
8. Overseeing the timely and successful implementation of adopted redesign initiatives.
9. Tracking and reporting on the impact of redesign initiatives to SAMG executive leadership (and other leadership as requested).
10. Collaborating with SAHS and SAHA to ensure alignment, integration and cost-effectiveness of Population Health Strategies.
11. Demonstrate the highest levels of performance in the implementation of Population Health strategies.
12. Works at the direction of the SAMG President and SAMG SLT to move SAMG towards the IHI Quadruple Aim, achieving goals resulting in increased savings and reimbursement for quality outcomes.
13. Involved in the collection of operational and quality metrics connected to SAMG Population Health and Value-Based Heath Care programs, initiatives, and contracts.
14. Involved in the development of provider scorecards and collection of data associated with them.
15. Educates and advises SAMG on the operational strategy regarding Population Health and Value-Based Health Care as defined by SAHS and SAMG executive leadership.
16. Works with SAMG Executive Medical Directors (EMDs), SAMG VP of Operations, SAMG Directors and Managers, SAHS executive leaders, and SAHA Medical Director in the development and standardization of uniform organization and processes across SAMG, SAHS, and SAHA that increase efficiency, improve impact on quality, and decrease costs.
17. Works and collaborates in a dyad partnership with the SAMG Director of Quality.
18. Works with the Director of Quality to prepare SAMG and SAHS to meet applicable accreditation standards.
19. Works with the Director of Quality in reviewing internal and external audit reports, tracking reports, patient registry data, payer data, and/or other sources of data regarding Population Health and Value-Based Health Care and provide insight on improvement plans based on such data.
20. Reviews financial performance on all SAMG Population Health and Value-Based Health Care contracts.
21. Maintains communication with providers, directors, and managers to educate, advise, and engage them in SAMG Population Health and Value-Based Health Care programs, initiatives, and processes.
22. Promotes the implementation of safety and high reliability organization principles within SAMG clinics, engages with SAMG providers, and encourages standardization of clinic operations for safety best practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the competencies/essential functions satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in the job.
Schedule: 16 hours per week for Medical Director responsibilities; 24 hours per week Clinical
Salary & Benefits:
- Sign-on Incentives
- Student Loan Repayment
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Residency trained and board-certified physician
- Current, unrestricted Idaho medical license
- Two years or more of clinical experience in patient care
- Two years or more of group leadership experience
- Experience in finance, accounting, business, and previous work with payors desirable
- DEA certification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication
- Effective analytical and team-building skills
- Actively practicing medicine is preferred
Boise, Idaho's Capital City anchors a vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 690,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast's paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play! For more information on Boise, ID please visit cityofboise.org.
Saint Alphonsus Health System is a growing four-hospital, 714-bed, 74 clinic integrated healthcare system serving southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Saint Alphonsus Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic not-for-profit health systems in the nation. To learn more about Saint Alphonsus, please visit saintalphonsus.org.
The ideal candidate will commit to patient care while demonstrating and modeling our organizations Mission, Vision and Values.
View Full Employer Profile