Job ID: 290112491
Last Updated: 10/31/2022
Trauma & Acute Care Surgeon - Boise, ID
Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
Become part of a physician led 500+ provider multispecialty group with a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care. This full-spectrum trauma and acute care surgery practice offers rewarding surgical opportunities at an ACS verified Level II Trauma Center (with Level I center type acuity and volume). Saint Alphonsus is the regions principal provider of advanced, innovative and interdisciplinary critical care services with annual trauma volumes exceeding 2,000 with over 400 patients with an ISS over 16. Trauma mechanism is predominantly blunt in nature.
Spanning southern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada, Saint Alphonsus brings a level of patient care services that are unmatched throughout the region. Based at the region's only Level II Trauma Center, SARMC is a 387 bed facility with a state-of-the-art digital environment and pioneering technologies including advanced imaging capabilities, telemedicine outreach and award-winning clinical services.
Support: 24/7 Anesthesia, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Radiology (in-house), Vascular & Cardiothoracic Surgery, Fellowship-Trained Surgical and Pulmonary Intensivists, Cardiologists, Neurologists, Wound & Hyperbaric (Sechrist Monoplace 4100 chamber). ED, ICU, CVICU, NICU, Hospitalist, Pediatric Hospitalists, Diabetes, Inpatient Pain, Palliative Care and more.
Schedule: Traditional work week, plus call & hospital duties including procedures, rounding, consults & clinic
Call: 7 on/7 off clinical call requirement, equitable share includes evenings & weekends
Salary & Benefits
- Sign-on Incentives
- Student Loan Repayment
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree
- Successful completion of an accredited ACGME/AOA general surgery residency program
- Successful completion of ACGME accredited Surgical Critical Care Fellowship with minimally invasive surgical experience
- General Surgery & Surgical Critical Care Board Certification through the American Board of Surgery (ABS) or the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery (AOBS) - or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment
- Highly Desired: Successful completion of the neurocritical care subspecialty certification exam or interest in sitting for the exam
- Obtain Idaho and Oregon medical licensure and granting of privileges at SARMC and other health system affiliated hospitals as needed
- Valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA
- Current ATLS instructor certification
Boise, Idaho's Capital City anchors a vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 690,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast's paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play! For more information on Boise, ID please visit cityofboise.org.
Saint Alphonsus Health System is a growing four-hospital, 714-bed, 74 clinic integrated healthcare system serving southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Saint Alphonsus Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic not-for-profit health systems in the nation. To learn more about Saint Alphonsus, please visit saintalphonsus.org.
The ideal candidate will commit to patient care while demonstrating and modeling our organizations Mission, Vision and Values.
View Full Employer Profile