Job ID: 290111906
Last Updated: 10/31/2022
Experienced Non-Structural Interventional Cardiologist - Nampa, ID
Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) is a physician led and accountable 500+ provider multispecialty group seeking an experienced Interventional Cardiologist to be part of a 5-member cardiology group practice in Nampa. This practice is comprised of 4 Interventional Cardiologists, 1 Invasive Cardiologist and two Nurse Practitioners. Additionally, there is also a robust group of three IP APPs that provide hospital support.
The Saint Alphonsus Heart Center includes 2 cath labs with peripheral capabilities, a cath prep & recovery unit, a 10-bed Cardiac Medical Unit, cardiac nuclear medicine, echo, EKG diagnostics and a Cardiac Recovery Unit. With quick access to full-service emergency and heart care services, Saint Alphonsus has the only 24/7 interventional cath lab in Canyon County, and is the fastest growing cardiology program in the region. Cardiac surgical services are available at the Boise Saint Alphonsus Hospital (14 miles and 16 minutes away).
Procedures performed include:
- Diagnostic Adult Cardiac Catheterization
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventions
- Permanent Pacemakers
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Peripheral Vascular Angiography and Interventions
- Intravascular Ultrasound
Interventional Radiology, Cardiac MRI and CT Angiography, 3 Endoscopy suites and radiology available M-F (on call weekends and holidays). Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise (14 miles) provides Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery, Trauma and Neurosurgery. The cardiac cath lab is a staffed with board-certified cardiologists, registered nurses, radiology techs and cardiovascular technologists. In addition, SAMG has a network of 74 primary and specialty care clinic locations to enable providers and patients with a comprehensive approach to care.
Specialty: Interventional Cardiology
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Traditional work week M-F, plus consults & rounding.
Call: 1:4 Shared equitably with other Interventional Cardiologists. Call expectations include interventional and general cardiology.
Salary and Benefits:
- Sign-on Incentives
- Student Loan Repayment
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b and 457b)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree.
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency, cardiovascular medicine, and interventional cardiology fellowship program.
- Board certification in Cardiovascular Diseases and Interventional Cardiology through the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM) with certification of special qualification (CSQ) in Interventional Cardiology - or ability to obtain certifications within 3 years of employment.
- Unrestricted full license in Idaho and Oregon to practice medicine in all its phases
- Obtain Idaho medical licensure and granting of privileges at SAMC- Nampa, SARMC - Boise and other health system affiliated hospitals as needed; valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
- Secure appropriate hospital medical staff privileges to include Stents, IVUS, Interventional left and right heart catheterizations, electrocardiograms, holter and echocardiogram interpretation, stress treadmill testing & supervision, stress echos, and pacemaker implantations and checks.
- Nuclear cardiology skills are welcome but not required. Echo board certification is also not a requirement.
- Interventional treatment of peripheral vascular disease is also available.
Nampa, Meridian and Boise anchor this vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 690,000 people. Cardiologists can live in Boise, Eagle, or surroundings cities, and make the 20-25 minute commute to Nampa. An outdoor enthusiasts paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play!
The Nampa practice is part of a larger, employed and integrated 17-member Cardiology team reaching across the health system. Each member of the Saint Alphonsus Medical Group, including the Nampa practice, is integrated within Saint Alphonsus Health System - a growing four-hospital, 714-bed, 74 clinic healthcare system serving southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Saint Alphonsus Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic not-for-profit health systems in the nation. To learn more about Saint Alphonsus, please visit www.saintalphonsus.org. The ideal candidate will commit to patient care while demonstrating and modeling our organizations Mission, Vision and Values.
View Full Employer Profile