Job ID: 290109487
Last Updated: 2/14/2023
Internal Medicine Physician
Physician will be responsible for providing complete, comprehensive clinical care for all patients. Physician provides clinical care services including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, and coordination of care, preventative and health care maintenance to patients. Physician works collaboratively with all providers as a multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive, compassionate health care to all patients.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Obtain medical, social and developmental history of patient.
- Perform physical exams and immunizations on all patients.
- Diagnose and develop treatment plans with the patient. Management of all acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provide health education and counseling and establish preventive health practices.
- Prescribes and administers medications or delegates immunization duties to the clinical support staff as allowed by federal, state and professional guidelines.
- Initiate laboratory, radiology, and pathology exams and specialty consults as necessary.
- Review and follow up on incoming reports in a timely manner.
- Exercise judgment in establishing priorities of medical care and consult with and refer to appropriate specialist in regards to high risk or complex patients.
- Implement clinical policies with department manager, Clinical Director, Department Chair, Medical Director, and other providers to continuously provide comprehensive state of the art medical care.
- Responsible for supervision of assigned or other advance practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners) at the clinical site as applicable.
- Assist with training, orientation and clinical support for new providers, advance practice providers, and clinical support staff.
- Fosters a professional, collaborative work environment with all team members and colleagues.
- Maintain current New York or Connecticut Licensure and all licenses necessary to provide care in the medical practice.
- Management of services in accordance with established organization policies and procedures and other medical programs and guidelines.
- Participation in Quality Improvement (CQI) program and clinical projects for practice improvement when requested.
- Provide case management with other health care team members.
- Medical Degree
- Active Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy (M.D. or D.O.) license in the state of New York or Connecticut as required
- Board Certification
- Active DEA license
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge
View Full Employer Profile