Job ID: 290085703
Last Updated: 4/21/2022
Excellent opportunty for general surgeon with an interest in colorectal surgery - Elgin, IL
Advocate Sherman Hospital
Sr. Physician Recruiter
Advocate Aurora Health has an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic general surgeon with an interest in colorectal surgery to join the team in Elgin, Illinois. You will become part of one of the largest and most respected healthcare systems in the nation.
Training and/or experience required:
* Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
* Interest or training in colorectal and/or breast surgery is desired
* Skills in vascular access also desired but not required
* Skills in robotic surgery preferred
* Patient centered with excellent communication skills
* Collaborative team player
* Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin is an acute care hospital that has provided high-quality comprehensive and compassion care to Chicago's Northwest suburbs for more than 125 years
* The hospital performs close to 13,000 surgeries every year
* You will move right in to the practice of a busy departing surgeon
* General surgery group includes experienced, established partners who can share their expertise and provide excellent mentorship
* Broad mix of cases include general procedures, colorectal, hernias, foregut, etc. Xi robot is available
* Call 1:5
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
* Integrated nationally recognized organization
* A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
* State-of-the-art technology
* Competitive compensation
* Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and paid medical liability insurance
* Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Elgin, Illinois
Elgin offers exceptional opportunities that include cultural arts, entertainment and recreation that are unmatched by surrounding suburbs. Located 38 miles northwest of Chicago and home to over 112,000 people, we are proud of our diversity and culture. The growing city has ready access to public transportation, diverse housing stock and a mix of commercial establishments. Residents and visitors enjoy a thriving cultural arts community, world-class parks, historical museums and over 100 places of worship.
Elgin has three different golf courses, dozens of parks, sports leagues, and biking trails to choose from. It also has its own zoo and museums that are open to the public. The Fox River Bike Trail offer more than 40 miles of guaranteed fun. It runs beside the scenic Fox River in Northern Illinois alongside historic railroad lines, crossing six bridges, and passing through nature preserves and charming towns.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the top not-for-profit health care systems in the country. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and more than 1800 Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology, and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether youre looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, its important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.
View Full Employer Profile