Job ID: 290035910
Last Updated: 8/3/2021
Neonatology Opportunity (Level III & Level IV) at Children's Hospital of Michigan
Children s Hospital of Michigan
Physician Sourcing Specialist
Tenet Healthcare along with Children s Hospital of Michigan and University Pediatricians, is actively seeking an additional Neonatologist for a full-time, employed opportunity in the Metro Detroit area. The well-established group within University Pediatricians was founded in 1974 and currently consists of about 15 Neonatologists and 9 fellows within the program.
The group currently oversees:
- A 40-bed outborn unit at Children s Hospital of Michigan (Level IV)
- A 35-bed inborn unit at Hutzel Women s Hospital (Level III)
- NICU at CHM also includes a 6-bed Neuro NICU
- Periodic coverage at the Level II NICU at Huron Valley Hospital (extra compensation provided for this)
- Clinician Educator Track
- Flexible shifts offered for day and night with additional pay for extra call
- All call will be with additional house staff, fellows, or neonatal nurse practitioners
- All faculty attend at least one national conference in addition to any conference where their research is being presented
About the Division:
The Neonatologists are a very cohesive group and have developed multiple clinical pathways very collaboratively. Case discussions are held every week so that input of all faculty can be obtained. We are seeking a strong clinician with an interest in teaching. An interest in research would also be a great addition as there are opportunities for both clinical and laboratory research.
The Neuro NICU at Children s Hospital of Michigan is one of the few neuro-critical services available in the region and includes multidisciplinary team management with child neurologists, neurosurgeons, and neonatologists.
Collaborative multicenter observational and interventional clinical studies are underway. The proximity to the NIH-funded Perinatal Research Branch at Hutzel Women s Hospital also promotes collaboration with Obstetrics and Maternal Fetal Medicine.
Experience with high frequency ventilation/jet ventilation, inhale nitric oxide therapy, hypothermia for neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, care of extreme preterm infants and surgical infants with congenital heart disease, performing antenatal consults and fetal assessment clinic evaluations with high risk pregnant patients are all preferred. Ideal candidates will have experience working in a level IV unit. Experience with follow-up developmental assessments desirable.
All applicants must be BE/BC with Neonatology fellowship training. Must be eligible to obtain licensure in the state of Michigan.
View Full Employer Profile