Job ID: 290035908
Last Updated: 8/3/2021
Employed Nocturnist Opportunity in the "Tropical Playground of Texas" (Rio Grande Valley)
Valley Baptist Medical Center Harlingen
Physician Sourcing Specialist
Tenet Healthcare is actively seeking a Nocturnist for a full-time opportunity in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley Harlingen, TX. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established group with 9 full-time physicians, 3 PRN physicians, 2 nocturnists, and an advanced practitioner team.
Come enjoy year-round semi-tropical temperatures while making a big impact in the community!
- Full-time, employed opportunity based out of Valley Baptist Medical Center Harlingen
- Approximately 180 shifts per year average of 15 shifts per month (additional shifts are available)
- Covers all admissions at night; most of the time a resident is also available to help with up to 5 admissions each
- Responds to calls from the floor at night; no rounding
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (includes life insurance, long term disability, 401K, malpractice insurance, CME/Professional expense reimbursement, and much more!)
- MD or DO
- BE/BC with the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Texas licensed or eligible to obtain licensure in the State of Texas
- Spanish speaking skills a plus; however not required
Please note: Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor a J1 waiver at this time. Non-cap exempt H1b visas can be considered.
How to apply:
If interested, please submit a copy of your current CV for immediate consideration.
All inquiries and personal information are kept confidential.
About Valley Baptist Health System:
Valley Baptist Health System, with two full service campuses and 800+ beds, is part of the Tenet Health System, a national healthcare organization with 68 hospitals and 32,000 affiliated physicians. With 2,000 employees and over 450 physicians on the medical staffs, Valley Baptist Medical Center Harlingen and Valley Baptist Medical Center Brownsville, are focused on quality, safety, and high level patient satisfaction. The Rio Grande Valley includes three major cities (Harlingen, Brownsville, and McAllen), and a population of about 1.3 million.
About Harlingen and the Rio Grande Valley:
The Rio Grande Valley is not only one of the fastest growing areas in Texas, but is also a scenic, cultural place like no other. Known as Texas Tropical Playground , we are located a short 40-minutes from South Padre Island.
- Year-round semi-tropical weather
- No state income tax/tort reform
- Lowest cost of living in the U.S.
- Great schools and affordable housing
- Golfing, hunting, birding, fishing, boating, etc.
View Full Employer Profile