Job ID: 290020260
Last Updated: 3/7/2023
Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation
Human Resources Recruiter
Accepts J-1 Visas
The purpose of this position is to serve as full time psychiatrist with assignments involving full range of cases, including the very difficult in their specialty, with very little or no technical guidance. Incumbent is responsible for recognizing difficult-to-identify symptoms or signs; and is responsible for developing a full treatment regimen involving knowledge of new techniques or the use of prolonged or complicated procedures. They are recognized as experts in their specialty area.
1. Responsible for a wide array of services to the community, the hospital, and individual patients. These include some selective administrative functions, supervision of some staff; training of staff and non-departmental hospital employees and provision of direct clinical care.
2. Administratively, will track adult seriously mental ill patients on medication and attend meetings of day treatment staff and work towards developing a transitional home in the community. Is responsible for supervising at least three other staff members regarding routine functions. Is responsible for providing direction and purpose to the departments outreach to adult patients. Is actively involved with staff recruitment and selection.
3. Provides direct psychiatric clinical services to a wide range of patients. Demographically this covers all age groups, including children and adolescents, Navajo, Hopi and other tribes on an emergency consultation basis, Anglo/non-Indian members of the community. Services provided include individual psychotherapy, family and couple psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy, evaluation services (to DES, courts, DSS, etc.), group therapy, relaxation therapy, behavior therapy and child and adolescent therapies. These are all provided with a sensitive understanding of culturally relevant issues.
4. On-call coverage is provided on a schedule coordinated with the emergency room. Takes rotation along with rest of staff.
5. For training purposes, is a resource for the hospital and department in development and training of staff in modern mental health care and concepts. Is actively involved in training and supervision of some departmental counselors and provides frequent in-services to the department and hospital staff on important mental health issues.
6. Coordinates a wide variety of innovative consultation programs with social services, the courts, police, DBH, and Navajo RBHA. In addition, develops necessary and valuable consultation services to the developmentally disabled, including Hozhoni Foundation in Flagstaff, and other agencies or programs involved with the chronically mentally ill or retarded population.
7. Is an active and participating member of the TCRHC Medical Staff and serves on appropriate committees and performs other duties as assigned.
8. Involved in a mental health program collaborating with different federal, state, and tribal agencies which are involved in the intricacies of health modalities and interventions are within the norms of standardized psychiatric care sensitized to the individuals personal and cultural value systems.
9. Involved in consultation to patients hospitalized on medical, surgical, pediatric, and OB/GYN services. Oversees quality of the services rendered.
10. Responsible for electronic health records data entry pertinent to patient service role.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
A Medical Degree, MD or DO
Must possess and maintain a current and unrestricted license to practice as a physician in any state within the United States, District of Columbia or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
Completion of four years of accredited residency training in Psychiatry
Board Eligible or Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Must be a credentialed member of the TCRHCC Medical Staff
Other Skills and Abilities:
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers. All employment references must address and indicate success in each one of the following areas:
Positive working relationships with others
Possession of high ethical standards and no history of complaints
Reliable and dependable; reports to work as scheduled without excessive absences
Proficient with the Microsoft Suite applications Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access
Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
Able to respond appropriately in stressful situations
Able to provide direct patient care in a kind, patient, and compassionate manner
View Full Employer Profile