Job ID: 289553004
Last Updated: 2/7/2018
Urgent Care NP or PA
Signature Healthcare is seeking an urgent care Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner for our urgent care clinic located just off of Route 24.
This position offers a lot of autonomy and 2-5 years of experience is required. The Nurse Practitioner provides direct patient care to (primarily) established patients of the practice. The care you would provide would involve history and physical exams for both acute and routine office visits; appropriate documentation of all patient evaluations; involvement with initial triage and resolution of patient office calls; provision of emergency care to patients presenting to the office and/or in need of urgent attention throughout the clinic.
2 weekdays 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm (these days are negotiable)
Weekend hours, has two options:
(1) every Sunday 8:00 am 4:00 pm OR
(2) two shifts every other Saturday and Sunday
Clinic is open seven days a week and most holidays.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a health care team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and establish/build relationships with others.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Must have appropriate experience working with adult and pediatric patients.
- Previous experience working with patients with acute and chronic care issues. Knowledge of medications and interactions.
- Ability to assess patients by using advanced nursing knowledge and skills to identify abnormal conditions, diagnose health problems, implement treatment plans, evaluate patient outcomes, and collaborate with physicians.
- Uses critical thinking skills to make independent decisions, commensurate with autonomy, authority and responsibility of a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner.
Liberty Street is a multi-specialty site, just 5 minutes from Rt. 24 and 25 miles south of Boston, this beautiful building on the Brockton/ Easton line houses several departments including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Orthopedics, Radiology, Primary and Specialty Care.
Signature Healthcare consists of Brockton Hospital, a 250+bed acute care hospital, and the Signature Medical Group, which is composed of 150 physicians and other direct care providers. Brockton Hospital has major teaching affiliations with both Tufts Medical Center and with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a prominent Harvard teaching hospital.
The Signature Healthcare is comprised of:
Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital (245 bed community hospital)
Signature Medical Group (150 employed physicians).
Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital
Founded as Brockton Hospital in 1896, the Hospital is the oldest and largest inpatient facility in its service area, which is designated as the city of Brockton and twenty-one surrounding municipalities. We strive to be recognized as the providers of choice by staff, patients, and the community.
We are a community-based non-profit teaching hospital, providing a full range of clinical services. We maintain a major teaching affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are a member of the Massachusetts Hospital Association and the American Hospital Association.
The hospital has 245 licensed beds, including a 29-bed hospital-based skilled nursing unit. Operation of this Transitional Care Unit began in 1997. In addition to providing medical/surgical, pediatric and obstetric services, the hospital offers inpatient and outpatient psychiatry, radiation oncology, cardiac catheterization, Level II nursery, and magnetic resonance imaging.
Signature Medical Group
Signature Medical Group (SMG) provides comprehensive healthcare services to patients of all ages, including primary care, more than 17 specialties, womens health, Urgent Care, and diagnostic care. SMG offers patients full scale lab and radiology services, including CAT Scan, Bone Density and Mammography. For over forty years, Signature Medical Group has been committed to providing quality care to patients in Greater Brockton and its surrounding communities.
View Full Employer Profile