Job ID: 289552859
Last Updated: 2/5/2018
Family Practice Core Faculty Needed
Lewis Gale Medical Center
Are you looking for a place to leave your mark? Are you ready to create an innovative, exhilarating, and educational residency program that will produce world-class family physicians and physician leaders? Partnered with HCA, who currently has over 20 Family Medicine GME Programs around the country, LewisGale Medical Center in Salem, Virginia, is developing a GME Family Medicine Residency Program and is seeking core faculty members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the education of residents
- Devote sufficient time to the educational program to fulfill supervisory and teaching responsibilities
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
- Maintain clinical skills by providing direct patient care
- Precept residents in the Family Medicine Clinic
- Maintain an environment of inquiry and scholarship with an active research component
- Regularly participate in organized clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, ambulatory care rounds, and conferences
- Encourage and support residents in scholarly activities
- Demonstrate scholarship by previous publications, case reports, or other presentations at local/regional/national conferences and scientific society meetings
- Commit to the development of the resident medical knowledge, clinical, technical, management skills and clinical judgment; serve as an advisor to a complement of residents
- Serve on the clinical competency committee and the program evaluation committee
- Participate in activities which enhance professional growth and development
- Licensed to practice in state of Virginia
- Completed an accredited residency program in Family Medicine
- Certified and recertified (if applicable) by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Clinical faculty experience in another residency program is also beneficial
HCA stands for the best practices of medicine, using our reach, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help communities thrive.
One of the nations leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom.
View Full Employer Profile