Job ID: 289552778
Last Updated: 10/11/2018
Nurse Practitioner - SUMMERS OFF
Provides care within the CHS division.
Assume medical assessment of specific clients in collaboration with a physician. Follow established nursing, medical and nurse practitioner's standards, procedures, protocols and practices, and give specific clients care directions to nursing and other staff.
1. Confer with CHS Medical Director(s) concerning clients/employees. Keep CHS Medical Director(s) and Executive VP for Business Development informed, as is appropriate, of needs and problems related to client care.
2. Comply with established nursing standards. Implement and maintain established department/hospital policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control. Interpret these to physician, client, public as is appropriate. Utilize supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner. Maintain a clean, orderly, safe environment for clients and personnel.
3. Cooperate with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental relations and public relations. Maintain client rights and confidentiality of client information,- and abide by established communications code.
4. Attend required meetings, inservices, educational programs.
5. Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations.
6. Provide diagnostic and assessment services: Secure a health history from client and record findings and critically evaluate them. Perform a complete in-depth physical examination. Use assessment techniques including observation, inspection, auscultation, percussion, palpation, and oto-ophthalmic exami,natioos. Requisition laboratory tests and x-ray examinations when appropriate.
7. Provide for school system history and physicals according to current contract with school districts.
8. Provide for Occupational Health Services according to individual contracts with area employers.
9. Assist employee health in implementing the ongoing employee health program. Identify job associated injuries with appropriate referral to physician when indicated. Offer appropriate examinations and referrals in keeping with facility policy.
10. Provide preventive health care services to clients. Assist in routine immunizations, vaccinations of clients against influenza and other epidemics where indicated. Teach clients ways to improve or maintain their health status. Participate in formal and informal client-teaching activities aimed at promoting positive health practices.
11. Maintain required unit records, reports, statistics. Maintain accurate client records, charts, documentation for administrative purposes and reimbursement for services.
12. Perform other duties as directed/required.
May be assigned to alternate sites within the CHS division (Fulton FMC/School Health). QUALIFICATIONS:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Completion of an accredited program for nurse practitioners including preceptorship with NYS certification. Registration and current RN license. CPR update. Sufficient previous experience as staff nurse. Ability to work collaboratively with CHS Medical Director(s) and other health care providers.
Oswego Health is a regional health care system committed to providing the highest quality, comprehensive and compassionate health care to the residents of Oswego County. The system includes Oswego Hospital, a 164-bed community acute care hospital; The Manor, a 120-bed skilled nursing facility; and Springside at Seneca Hill, a retirement community for active seniors. Oswego Health also has urgent care centers in Fulton and Central Square. Oswego Healths physicians have some of the latest technology and resources at their fingertips enabling them to provide exceptional care, here are just a few examples:
-State-of-the-art 18 bay emergency department
-8 bed ICU, Maternity Center with private labor delivery rooms
-Efficient 7 suite ambulatory surgery center, robust
-Medical Imaging Department offering a 128 slice CT scanner, 1.5 Tesla - Open Bore MRI, Ultrasound, X-ray, Digital Mammography, Bone Densitometry, Fluoroscopy and Nuclear Medicine
-Urgent Care services include CT capabilities, ultrasound, fluoroscopy and x-ray
-Comprehensive rehabilitation services include PT,OT and ST in both the hospital and outpatient settings and include specialized services by licensed therapists
View Full Employer Profile