Job ID: 289530077
Last Updated: 11/20/2017
Family Medicine 1 Physician
Federally Qualified Community Health Center
Under general supervision of Chief Medical Officer, renders diagnostic and therapeutic care to patients at health center. Medical services provided may focus on internal medicine, primary care, family practice or pediatrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides comprehensive and continuing care to Health Center patients requiring routine and emergency treatment through the diagnosis of disease processes and through the provision of medical treatment. Refers patients to other providers and medical specialists as appropriate.
2. Provides services in support of health promotion and preventive medicine.
3. Supervises other health care professionals such as nurse practitioners, physician assistants, staff registered nurses and allied health care staff to ensure the proper delivery of medical care to patients.
4. Maintains appropriate medical records on assigned patients.
5. Participates in patient care audits for quality assurance and utilization review to maintain and improve patient care standards.
6. Maintains medical professional standards and knowledge by regularly attending medical conferences, seminars, continuing education programs.
7. Responsible for the maintenance of credentials necessary to practice medical specialty.
8. May provide administrative management input for staff performance reviews, hiring decisions, disciplinary issues, etc.
9. May serve on-call as assigned.
10. May perform other related duties as required by the position or as assigned.
Duties require successful completion of academic requirements of an accredited medical school, certification in relevant medical discipline and current license to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Position also requires Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification. Essential Skills/Experience: Two years of relevant clinical experience.
As a Federally Qualified Community Health Center, HHC provides comprehensive primary health care, onsite pharmacy, dental services, and integrated behavioral health services. We have 30 providers in our group, and our ancillary staff includes: RNs for triage nurse visits and assisting providers as needed; LPNs for immunizations, paperwork and general assistance; MAs for one-to-one with physicians; room patients, provide translations as needed. HHC is not a hospital-based practice and we have no hospital rounding: all admissions are handled by hospitalists. Our caseload is 75% adult patients and 25 % pediatric patients. Our clinic schedule is 9am - 5pm , Monday - Friday and our provides work 4.5 hour days with 4 hours of administrative time, with on call 3 days a month by telephone only. HHC's electronic medical records system is NextGen. Our providers have leadership opportunities in administration, clinical programming and community linkages. We are a patient-centered medical home with team-based care. Our teams include physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, nutritionists, medical assistants and community health workers. HHC has an internal behavioral response team and community mental health agencies within our building, we also have onsite lab and radiology, and onsite urgent care for adults.
View Full Employer Profile