Job ID: 289529873
Last Updated: 9/24/2018
VCU Department of Radiation Oncology Seeking Gynecological Urologist
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Manager, Physician Recruitment
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Radiation Oncology
The Department of Radiation Oncology at Virginia Commonwealth University Health is seeking a board-eligible or board-certified Radiation Oncologist with an interest in Genitourinary Oncology.
The Department of Radiation Oncology at VCU provides a full range of clinical services at VCU Medical Center and its six regional affiliated facilities. Services provided include IMRT, image-guided brachytherapy, cone-beam CT-guided radiotherapy, on-line portal imaging, and stereotactic radiosurgery. VCUs clinics are equipped with 10 Varian linacs, including a Varian Trilogy image-guided radiotherapy suite (including Brainlab ExacTrac), 2 Varian True Beams, 2 Varian IX linacs with onboard cone-beam CT imaging capability, an Acuity 3D imaging system in our state-of-the-art image-guided brachytherapy suite, a Philips Big Bore 16 row CT scanner, 3 other CT simulators and 3 HDR units.
- Active participation in national cooperative research organizations to further the mission of the Massey Cancer Center.
- Collaborative activities with laboratory scientists, both inside and outside the institution, leading to translational research projects
- Obtaining extramural support for clinical research through industry or other funding agencies
- Maintain a practice primarily in genitourinary malignancies and in addition to proficiency in external beam radiotherapy techniques
- Well trained in brachytherapy, including both low dose rate and high dose rate procedures
- Active participation in the multidisciplinary genitourinary oncology tumor clinics
- Will integrate students and residents into this service
- Active participation in clinical research
- Teachingstudentsresidents, fellows, and colleagues
- MD or DO degree or equivalent and board certification or eligibility or its equivalent
- Demonstrated track record of productivity in clinical and translational research
- Demonstration of a strong commitment to clinical and translational research
- GU brachytherapy experience to include monotherapy and boost approaches
We are 600 physicians and 19 clinical departments providing services at various sites in Virginia, including VCU Medical Center the areas only Level 1 Trauma Center and the flagship hospital of VCUs entire medical enterprise. VCU Medical Center integrates hospitals, clinical care facilities, health sciences schools and medical research. Eight years ago, we completely reimagined our physician organization empowering our providers to be agents of change, embrace autonomy, and create a culture of camaraderie, engagement and accomplishment.
View Full Employer Profile