Job ID: 289528472
Last Updated: 6/15/2018
Medical Director of Psychiatry in Spokane, WA #624967
Fairfax Behavioral Health @ Providence Sacred Heart
To be located in Spokane, WA the position will support a joint venture between Fairfax and Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center (PSHMC) to better serve the community's behavioral health needs.
The Medical Director Physician position is a full time employed position with Monday Friday schedule. Patient care caseload will be 10-12 patients in the inpatient program. Duties include administration, admissions, discharge, management, development and clinical work. A very competitive compensation package of salary and benefits with bonus opportunity will be offered. The ideal candidate will be BE/BC with Medical Director level experience and must have 5 plus years of experience in an Inpatient behavioral health facility. All patient care is provided in a multidisciplinary treatment setting the team comprised of psychiatrists, counselors, professional nurses, social workers and other therapists. There is minimal required call.
The qualifications for the position are the minimum requirements needed to be successful in the position. The level of experience and expertise for the job is determined by the current amount of expertise in the unit/department. If training or experience is not required but would be desirable, it is listed as preferred however; persons without preferred background will be considered in the hiring process.
Education, Training & Experience (includes licenses or certifications)
1. MD/DO degree from an accredited program required
2. Board certified in Psychiatry required
3. Licensed to practice in the State of Washington
4. Minimum of five years of practice experience
5. Management experience preferred
6. Meets all credentialing criteria required by participating physicians
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to set a strategic vision with measurable outcomes that promote Psychiatric Department development and success.
2. Ability to build a collaborative and supportive culture for medical program
3. Strong management and proven leadership skills required
4. Ability to organize and facilitate meetings and outcomes.
5. Willingly accepts direction in achievement of organization's objectives.
6. Organizational skills, including working collaboratively with others.
7. Understanding of and commitment to stewardship in both medical management and business reality.
8. Strong business acumen relating to Psychiatric operations, finance and decision making.
The Medical Director position is a highly visible and active role. Some of the duties include:
Supervision to other physicians and clinical staff
Medical Staff and Executive Team committee and meeting participation
Quality improvement initiatives, risk management and service utilization management
A highly competitive compensation package will be offered consisting of:
Full time salary
Malpractice insurance coverage
Paid Time Off
Health insurance package
Relocation package if needed
Employee stock purchase plan
Interested individuals should apply through this ad or directly to the In-House Physician Recruitment Department of Universal Health Services, Inc.
Fairfax Behavioral Health is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services (UHS), one of the nation's leading hospital management companies.
Universal Health Services is one of the largest healthcare management organizations in the nation. Our business strategy is founded on quality healthcare, at affordable cost, partnered with strong physician and community relationships. Consistent growth. Long-term relationships. Excellence. These are the winning attributes that distinguish UHS from the rest.
View Full Employer Profile