Job ID: 289521931
Last Updated: 3/29/2018
Hematology and Oncology
Lewis Hall Singletary Oncology Center
Lorie Hodges Garrett
Director of Physician Recruitment
BC/BE Physician needed for a hospital employed thriving Hematology/ Oncology practice in SW Georgia.
Competitive salary with potential for annual bonus.
Call 1 in 6, very light. Typically 2-3 patient phone calls, no admissions. Evening/ night admissions go to hospitalists.
Daily admissions by hospitalists, you are a consultant only!
Only one hospital to round in. Average 3-5 inpatients a day, 12 on weekends.
12-15 patient visits per day in the office.
Two local community outreach sites with outpatient office and chemotherapy services.
Multiple pharma and cooperative group trials on site.
All procedures done by Interventional radiology to include bone marrow biopsies and IT chemotherapy.
Two Nurse Practitioners to see your patients when you are out, or help you in clinic when needed and supervise chemotherapy.
Radiation Oncology located on site at main location. In addition to conventional radiotherapy, stereotactic beam radiotherapy and gamma knife radiotherapy also available on site.
Adequate support staff, to include dieticians, social workers, and patient navigators.
Very collegial working environment amongst the partners and support staff, this would be a highly valued qualification for a serious candidate.
A great place to work and live. A tourist destination, but small enough to be child friendly. Located in South West Georgia, right next to Tallahassee and multiple beaches.
Archbold is a regional healthcare system with four hospitals and three nursing homes based in Thomasville, Georgia. Recognized as a Top Hospital in Georgia by Georgia Trend Magazine for five consecutive years, Archbold is licensed for 540 patient beds, employs more than 2,500 people and has a medical staff of more than 160 qualified specialists.
* New state-of-the-art Emergency, Surgery and Intensive Care facilities, and new private patient rooms
* Only Level II Trauma Center in Georgia South of Macon
* Neurosurgery coverage 24/7
* Two daVinci Robotic Surgery units
* Full service homecare network- hospice, home health, home medical equipment and infusion and pharmacy services
* Inpatient, Outpatient and IN-home Dialysis
* 3D Mammography
* Award-winning interventional cardiology program
* Highest utilization rate in the region for transradial approach of cardiac catheterization
* Cardiology clinical research, including recent C-PORT study with Johns Hopkins
* Radiation oncology, medical oncology, hematology and support services in one location
* The first and only hospital to partner with the Emory Winship Cancer Institute (the only NCI designated cancer center in Georgia) for clinical trials
* Region's only Gamma Knife Perfexion, non-invasive brain surgery technology
View Full Employer Profile