Job ID: 289519106
Last Updated: 6/4/2018
The VCU Center for Advanced Health Management is seeking a Clinician Educator, Richmond, Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Virginia Commonwealth University Health Center for Advanced Health Management
Division of Geriatric Medicine
VCU Health System is recruiting for an exciting physician educator role. The position is a vital element within the VCU Center for Advanced Health Management (CAHM), a progressive home health model targeting complex adult health populations including those burdened by low income or disability. VCU CAHM is proud to have created clinic teams and environments that embrace the collaborative team concept and support of providing quality care to our patients.
- Support expanding clinical program at new state of the art 9,000 square foot clinic.
- Complex care for adults under the age of 65.
- Develop and implement a biopsychosocial plan of care including appropriate disease management, case management, wellness and prevention coaching.
- Address social and environmental determinence via broad population based approaches and targeted approaches.
- Address acute, chronic and preventative care needs to support VCU patients and to reach their optimized wellness goals.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Consult with Nurse Practitioners.
- Shared Night and weekend call is 1 in 11.
- Supervise students, residents, and geriatric fellows.
- Participate in curriculum design and implementation.
- Quality improvement and clinical research opportunities available.
- Additional opportunities in clinical administration.
- Research related to advanced chronic care models.
- Residency training in internal medicine preferred or family medicine with board certification or eligibility
- Comfort with managing complex seriously ill individuals
- Comfort with a physician/nurse practitioner team model
We are 600 physicians and 19 clinical departments providing services at various sites in Virginia, including VCU Medical Center the areas only Level 1 Trauma Center and the flagship hospital of VCUs entire medical enterprise. VCU Medical Center integrates hospitals, clinical care facilities, health sciences schools and medical research. Eight years ago, we completely reimagined our physician organization empowering our providers to be agents of change, embrace autonomy, and create a culture of camaraderie, engagement and accomplishment.
View Full Employer Profile