Job ID: 289495593
Last Updated: 8/11/2017
Family Medicine Physician
John C Fremont Healthcare District
The Physician administers appropriate on-going acute, chronic, and family practice medical care services in the ambulatory care setting for clinic patients.
The Physician is responsible for the development, implementation, and on-going evaluation of medical care policies and procedures in conjunction with the Medical Director.
The Physician is expected to understand and comply with all current laws, rules and regulations which govern the practice in the State of California.
The Physician will work cooperatively with licensed, paraprofessional, administrative, and support staff to ensure the on-going operation of the Clinic. May also, directly supervise healthcare professional and paraprofessional staff including but not limited to handling walk-in patients, physicals, workers compensation, pediatric patients as well as pain management, etc. Knowledge of Internal Medicine preferred.
1. Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
2. Ability to perform medical examinations using standard medical procedures.
3. Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues,
and approaches in area of expertise.
4. Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories. Completing charting within 72 hours.
5. Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
6. Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
7. Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects,
and proper administration.
8. Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
9. Knowledge of CPR, and emergency medical procedures.
10. Ability to act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
11. Knowledge of clinic equipment, supplies, and instruments; and the ability to properly use them.
12. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
13. Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
14. Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records, and writing reports and correspondence.
15. Ability to educate patients and /or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment.
16. Ability to clearly communicate medical information to professional practitioners, patients and/or the general public.
17. Ability to interact with the public in a professional and positive manner.
18. Understanding of and ability to use proper body mechanics to prevent injury to self.
19. Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of your duties.
20. Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Must have active CA License
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call 209-966-3631 x5152 for more information.
JCF is a Critical Access Hospital located just south of Yosemite National Park and two hours from Fresno, California. The organization has extraordinary support of the community. JCF is comprised of an acute care hospital, 3 outpatient clinics, a growing Home Health & Hospice department and a 16 bed LTC.
JCF is recruiting for a variety of positions in the hospital, Clinics and Home Health. The JCF service area is primarily centered in the Mariposa / Oakhurst areas, (while serving Mariposa County).
18 acute care beds - Acute daily census -1.3
LTC beds - LTC daily census 16
46,564 outpatient visits annually
Home health and hospice services
CT Scanner, MRI and ultrasound (onsite with variable days)
29 Medical Providers on staff, inclusive of specialists, family and emergency medicine
CPSI- EMR system
Certificate of Recognition and Achievement | California Hospital Engagement Network
About the Community:
View Full Employer Profile