Job ID: 289491789
Last Updated: 7/20/2018
Psychiatrist - St Paul, MN (18079)
Allina Health United Hospital
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 13 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing innovative services and programs, such as the Nasseff Heart Center, United Heart; Vascular Clinic and Vascular Center; neuroscience care through the John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute for the treatment of brain aneurisms, Bentson Family Foundation Neurological Intensive Care Unit, Brain Tumor Center and the Nasseff Neuroscience Center; as well as psychiatry, womens health, surgical, rehabilitation and emergency services. With 2,949 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital provides a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
- 80%: Provide direct patient care for mental health patients in out-patient clinic setting
- 20%: Provide direct psychiatric care to hospital patients including the Geriatric mental health unit, as well as on inpatient substance abuse and consults on medical/surgical units.
- Develop behaviorally-focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders
- Engage the patient and family to develop treatment plans that address identified goals
- Provide a minimum of 36 patient contact hours per week
- Champion primary care behavioral health, a model of integrated care that focuses on the full spectrum of patient health through close collaboration with multi-disciplinary primary care teams
- Consult with primary care providers to assist with ongoing management of the behavioral health needs of their patients
- Develop and lead staff education in psychiatric issues
- Participate in relevant and ongoing professional training
Goals of Allina Healths Hospital Based clinics
- Be centers of excellence for the care of Allina patients with complex, medically co-morbid, psychiatric and psychological problems, Perform comprehensive diagnostic evaluation, formulate a detailed management plan and stabilize the patient
- Offer rapid access for patients with acute needs with the goal of avoiding a hospital admission or long-stay in the ED
- Offer long-term care for patients at risk for destabilization or hospitalization, while referring others back to primary care
- Facilitate transitions of care
- Be a consultation resource for medical providers
Education MN License required MD or DO
Completion of a psychiatry residency
- Must have current, unrestricted Minnesota State Medical Licensure
- Board Certified in Psychiatry within 2 years of hire
We are seeking providers who are:
- Interested in leading a care team
- Will engage in care model redesign aimed at providing improved access to care for patients
- Team-oriented; relates well with patients, families and multi-disciplinary clinical partners
- Practice evidence-based decision making and supports clinical quality improvement
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate empathy and sensitive listening/questioning abilities
- Exhibit time efficiency, flexibility and ability to manage in a high paced environment
Work Schedule Additional Position Details
- Salary Range: Market Competitive
- Allina employed position
- Allina benefits package includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, life, and vision insurance, short & long-term disability, an employer-matching retirement plan, generous time off, an annual deferred compensation allowance, payment of malpractice insurance includes tail coverage, annual CME allowance, and payment of license, DEA, and board certification.
Location and Community Information
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
If you are interested in in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
View Full Employer Profile