Job ID: 289456900
Last Updated: 5/4/2017
Associate Medical Director
Corizon Health, Inc
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a full time Physician to join our healthcare team as the Associate Medical Director at the Western Missouri Correctional Center located in Cameron, MO.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Physician
* Fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of employment.
* Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) registration
* Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required
* Current CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Physician
Under supervision of the Site Medical Director, Corizon Health Physicians are an integral part of the medical team. Physicians are expected to take a leading role in delivery of healthcare services to our patients as well as responsibility for the supervision of the Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
* Visits the infirmary daily and documents encounters in patient's Medical Record as assigned. Ensures Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
* Adheres to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedure. Documents pertinent observations and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director's approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
* Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral. Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
* Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
* Serves as a resource to other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Physician
* 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
* No weekends or evenings
* No overhead
* Medical & Dental
* Company matched retirement plan
* Continuing Medical Education allowance
Apply online or contact Michael Clark at 314.677.5006 | Michael.Clark2@CorizonHealth.com
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening. Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=TWljaGFlbC5DbGFyay40NDgzMC4zMzI0QGNvcml6b24uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
Corizon Health, on of the nation's leader in correctional healthcare solutions, offers the best-in-class experience for staffing depth, industry best practices and leadership all on a solid financial platform.
Corizon has more than 7,000 employees providing quality healthcare services to over 300 correctional facilities. As the pioneers in the provision of correctional healthcare, we set the standard for service to our industry.
View Full Employer Profile