Job ID: 289456529
Last Updated: 5/3/2017
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Corizon Health, Inc
Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our healthcare team at Eyman Complex Correctional Center located in Florence, Arizona.
Qualifications of a Corizon Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
* Graduate of an accredited college/university Nurse Practitioner program with current license/certification in the state of employment.
* 3-5 years- experience in mental health setting which can include mental health background as a Registered Nurse.
* Must have current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
* Available to participate in on-call schedule.
* Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
* Must follow all credentialing and privileging procedures from applicable technical instructions.
* Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) with active license in state of employment
Responsibilities of a Corizon Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The Mental Health Nurse Practitioner utilizes advanced, professional nursing skills with mental healthcare as primary focus as well as interacts with a variety of mental healthcare professionals and security staff in a correctional environment.
* Responds to and initiates care for those requiring mental health services throughout the facility.
* Assesses inmate/patient in a variety of settings.
* Identifies inmate/patient mental health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician.
* Implements mental health services utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a psychiatrist.
* Provides mental health education to inmate/patient, healthcare and correctional staff.
* Documents all mental healthcare contacts.
* Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
* Follows security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled medications.
* Delegates to and supervises other appropriate infection control practices.
* Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
Benefits offered to a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
* 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
* No weekends or evenings
* Minimal on-call
* No overhead
* Medical & Dental
* Company matched retirement plan
* Continuing Medical Education allowance
* Paid malpractice
As the correctional healthcare pioneer and leader for 35+ years, Corizon Health provides client partners with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will improve the health and safety of our patients reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Ymxha2UuZmFycmlsbC45OTc2OS4zMzI0QGNvcml6b24uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
Corizon Health, on of the nation's leader in correctional healthcare solutions, offers the best-in-class experience for staffing depth, industry best practices and leadership all on a solid financial platform.
Corizon has more than 7,000 employees providing quality healthcare services to over 300 correctional facilities. As the pioneers in the provision of correctional healthcare, we set the standard for service to our industry.
View Full Employer Profile