Job ID: 289454995
Last Updated: 4/27/2017
Corizon Health, Inc
Regional Recruiting Specialist
Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Psychiatrist to join our healthcare team at the South Central Correctional Center located in Licking, MO.
Qualifications of a Corizon Health Psychiatrist
* Must be a graduate of medical school and have completed an appropriate psychiatric residency.
* Must be licensed to practice in the applicable state and certified by the Office of Mental Health to provide psychiatric services in a licensed inpatient unit.
* Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
* Corrections experience preferred.
Responsibilities of a Corizon Health Psychiatrist
* Provide diagnostic evaluation and treatment to patients on the Mental Health Inpatient Unit.
* Provide psychiatric consultation, diagnosis, and treatment to inmates.
* Provide clinical direction, general supervision and training to the Mental Health Unit staff.
* Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of all treatment plans.
* Create discharge plans to insure appropriate follow-up and support after discharge from the institution's unit
* Provide onsite psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of those inmates referred by the medical or clinical services staff.
* Provide written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course.
* Provide medication management to all inmates admitted to the Mental Health Unit.
* Provide individual and/or group therapy as appropriate.
* Approve all admissions and discharges into the Mental Health Unit. Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of treatment plans.
* Provide in-service education to the Mental Health Unit staff as needed.
* Be available on a scheduled basis for the on-call needs of the Mental Health Unit.
* Participate in Treatment Audit Committee.
Benefits offered to a Corizon Health Psychiatrist
* No weekends or evenings
* Minimal on-call
* No overhead
* Continuing Medical Education allowance
* Malpractice paid
As the correctional healthcare pioneer and leader for 35+ years, Corizon Health provides client partners with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will improve the health and safety of our patients reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work.
Apply online or contact Randy Bullington at 573-635-5315 ext. 2615
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening. Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Job ID: 7671
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cmFuZHkuYnVsbGluZ3Rvbi43MTI0MS4zMzI0QGNvcml6b24uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
Corizon Health, on of the nation's leader in correctional healthcare solutions, offers the best-in-class experience for staffing depth, industry best practices and leadership all on a solid financial platform.
Corizon has more than 7,000 employees providing quality healthcare services to over 300 correctional facilities. As the pioneers in the provision of correctional healthcare, we set the standard for service to our industry.
View Full Employer Profile