Job ID: 289439699
Last Updated: 1/30/2018
General Surgery Employment Opportunity - Fredericksburg, VA - J-027034
HCA - Hospital Corporation of America
Employed General Surgery opportunity with an established practice! We are seeking an additional board certified, experienced General Surgeon to join our hospital employed group in Fredericksburg, VA. Join a busy multi-specialty practice in a growing, vibrant community. This is a unique opportunity to build the practice you envision. One hospital for call coverage, and office located in the connected new medical office building. Robotics available but not required. The facility offers 24/7 Hospitalists, dedicated Intensivists; large, state-of-the-art operating rooms offering minimally invasive and advanced laparoscopy; dedicated surgical unit; and in-house Anesthesiologists, Pathologists, and Interventional Radiology. Our ideal candidate will be a highly skilled surgeon with a commitment to patient quality and a team approach to care. Competitive compensation and benefits offered including: production, quality, and patient satisfaction bonuses, health/ vision/ dental insurance, 401K, malpractice insurance including tail, CME allowance and time off, and relocation assistance.
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a 133-bed, all-private, medical/surgical hospital located in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Since our opening in June of 2010, the facility has been dedicated to serving and improving the health of our community, offering:
- 24-hour emergency department care
- Advanced technology operating rooms
- Obstetrics maternity care, including lactation services, childbirth education classes, & perinatology services
- Neonatal newborn care, including a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Radiology imaging services including X-ray, ultrasound, mammography, CT, MRI, interventional radiology, & nuclear medicine
- Physical therapy, Occupational therapy, & Speech therapy for children and adults
- Intensive Care Unit & step-down Progressive Care Unit
- Cardiac care including cardiac catheterization, EKG, coronary interventions & electrophysiology studies with pacemaker and defibrillator implants
- Inpatient Psychiatric behavioral health services
- A state-of-the-art Cancer center including radiation therapy, infusion services, and stereotactic radiosurgery
- Surgical services including: orthopedics, spine, bariatric, ENT, urology, oncology, vascular, gynecological, and plastic surgery.
SRMC, an HCA Virginia facility, is an Accredited Chest Pain Center with the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, a designated Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG), and is certified by the National Institute for Care of Hospitalized Elderly (NICHE). SRMC has been recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
Fredericksburg is conveniently located one hour south of Washington, D.C. and one hour north of Richmond, VA, in one of the most rapidly growing areas of the country. As the place of George Washington's boyhood home and the location of five civil war era battles, US history abounds. Residents are offered a wide range of choices in where to shop and dine, as well as abundant recreational and cultural opportunities, including performing arts at the University of Mary Washington and Riverside Theater, the area Children's museum, a myriad of downtown galleries, and the studio of American impressionist Gari Melchers. The area hosts festivals and events annually, including farmers markets, First Fridays, and the Marine Corps half Marathon. Affordable housing includes sprawling farmland, family-friendly gated communities, and downtown modern apartments. The options for outdoor adventure are endless, with year-round hiking, golf, fishing, and water sports on the Rappahannock River and nearby Lake Anna, with just a two hour drive to Virginia's beaches or the mountains. Come discover why what has been hailed as "the perfect getaway city in Virginia" is also the perfect place to call home!
HCA stands for the best practices of medicine, using our reach, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help communities thrive.
One of the nations leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom.
View Full Employer Profile