Job ID: 289437932
Last Updated: 6/13/2018
Emergency Medicine Physician Needed in Sunny Southeast Metro
Huntsville Hospital is seeking Emergency Medicine Physicians to join our current staff of 40+ Physicians. We staff three emergency departments and are looking for additional coverage. The Main Emergency Department is a Level I Trauma Center, Stroke Center and Cardiac center with a beautiful physical plant, fantastic resources and sub-specialty backup that sees 75,000 patient visits per year. It has a 16 bed Observation Unit, a 35% admission rate, and a separate OB ED. The Pediatric ED, at the attached Women and Childrens hospital, has 16 beds and 2 rapid assessment rooms and sees 36,000 patients per year with a 10% admission rate. The Madison Hospital is fourteen miles away and has a nice 23-bed ED which sees 50,000 patients per year with a 11% admission rate.
Teaching opportunities with 3rd/4th year medical students from UAB and Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Residents at UAB-Huntsville rotate through our ED. Qualified candidates include: Emergency Medicine, Med/Peds, Pediatric Emergency and Family Medicine Physicians. Huntsville Hospital is a Regional Referral Center for North Alabama and Southern Tennessee. Huntsville Hospital is Alabamas Only Top 50 Heart Hospital by Truven Health Analytics and one of Americas 50 Best Cardiac Surgery Programs by HealthGrades. Our EMR is Wellsoft, the top of the line ED EMR. Mid-levels assist in all three facilities.
* Excellent Compensation Package with RVU incentive program
* CME allowance and Paid Vacation
* Health Insurance and Malpractice Coverage
* 401K Program
Huntsville is situated in the fastest growing major metropolitan area in Alabama,and with the highest per capita income in the southeast, Huntsville is the best place to live, learn and work. We are a community on the move,rich with values and traditions while progressing with new ideas,exciting technologies and creative talents. Our communitys unique characteristics are a worldwide attraction and will certainly provide a place for you and your family to flourish. With a population of 385K in the metro area, we are a high-tech, family oriented, multi cultural community with excellent schools, dining and entertainment. Huntsville is nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with an abundance of activities to do inside or out.
* Public schools boast more national merit scholars per capita than any other in the country
* Technology, space and defense industry play a major role in Huntsville
* Huntsville/Madison County boasts more Doctorate degrees per capita than any other city in the nation
* Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Broadway Theater League, Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, US Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville Botanical Garden, Hsv Museum of Art, Constitution Hall Village, Early Works Children's Museum, Monte Sano State Park and Bridgstreet Townecenter are just some of the main attractions!
* The City of Huntsville received Standard & Poors highest possible AAA bond rating for strength of the local economy.
* Huntsville named one of the Top 10 Smartest Cities in the World by Forbes.
* Huntsville named one of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. by Business Week.
For further information, please contact Suzanne LeCroix at (256) 265-9639 or email@example.com .
Huntsville Hospital is an 941- bed Level I Trauma Center and the regional referral center for all of North Alabama and Southern Tennessee with a catchment area of 1.25 million people. 165,000 annual ER visits, including a dedicated Pediatric ER at our Women's & Children's Hospital, physician support in over 65 medical specialties. The hospital has 24/7 in-house Hospitalist, Radiology, Cardiology, Trauma, Orthopedic and Neurosurgical Coverage. 101 ICU beds. Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children accounts for 242 of those beds, with a Level III 45 bed RNICU, an 11 bed PICU, an 8 bed Adult ICU and a 16 bed dedicated Pediatric ER. It is also home to one of St. Jude's Children's Research Clinics. Madison Hospital is our brand new state of the art facility with 64 beds. It is a community hospital with a 21 bed Emergency Room.
Alabamas Only Top 50 Heart Hospital by Truven Health Analytics
Americas 50 Best Cardiac Surgery Programs by Healthgrades
Top 50 Cardiovascular Programs by Truven Health Analytics
Cardiac Care Excellence Award by Healthgrades
Huntsville Hospital listed as Beckers Top 150 Hospitals
America's 100 Best Spine Surgery Programs by Healthgrades
Certified Primary Stroke Center by American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
Huntsville Hospital is one of only seven Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksites in Alabama
View Full Employer Profile