Job ID: 289334141
Last Updated: 3/15/2018
Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery SIGN-ON BONUS
Steward Health Care System
Physician Assistant -- Cardiac Surgery SIGN-ON BONUS
Steward Medical Group, Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center Boston/Brighton, MA
Full-time - Split shifts all rotations
Steward is offering a Sign-On/Relocation bonus of up to $10,000 for experienced Physician Assistants for the Cardiac Surgery position.
The Steward Center for Advanced Cardiac Surgery at Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center, Boston, MA, is seeking a full-time, licensed Physician Assistant. Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center is the only Cardiac Surgical Center in the Steward Health Care System.
The Center was transformed four years ago with the arrival of Dr. Arvind Agnihotri as Chief and is in a period of rapid growth. The service performs a wide range of cardiac surgery, including minimally invasive, robotic, and trans-catheter valve replacement.
No other cardiac surgery job in Boston provides a greater opportunity to be involved in all aspects of patient care.
- PAs play a pivotal role on this service with endoscopic vein harvest and first assisting in the OR, and well as involvement in all aspects of post-operative care, including ICU management.
- Independently rounding with the team and proficiency in ICU bedside procedures such as central lines, Swan Ganz catheter placement, arterial lines, and chest tubes.
- The Physician Asssistants in Cardiac Surgery work rotating shifts, rotating weekend coverage and rotating call coverage requirements.
- We are seeking candidates with a background in cardiac surgery, but would consider outstanding applicants regardless of prior experience.
- Master's degree is required.
- Graduate of NCCPA approved Physician Assistant Program or MSN degree.
- Massachusetts Physician Assistant License.
- Two to five years PA experience preferred but not required.
- Surgery experience required.
- NCCPA Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- BLS Certified.
- ACLS Certified.
Steward Health Care System is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 20 outpatient facilities all committed to compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Steward Health Care System is a community-based accountable care organization and community hospital network with more than 15,000 employees serving more than one million patients annually in 85 communities.
Steward Medical Group, Inc. is a physician-led practice organization with 1,700 employees in total and more than 160 physician practices throughout Eastern Massachusetts.
At Steward, we believe in honesty, integrity and the importance of community care. More importantly, we believe in our people. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
All inquiries will remain confidential.
Steward Health Care System is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at: https://www.steward.org/contact-us/careers
You can also send resumes to: Jonathan.Gray@steward.org.
Steward Health Care, the largest for-profit private hospital operator in the United States, is a physician-led health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the communities where patients live. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Steward Steward network includes more than 25 urgent care centers, 42 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, operates 39 community hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta, that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. The over 7,300 beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
View Full Employer Profile