Job ID: 289314134
Last Updated: 6/12/2018
Golden Valley Health Centers
Provider Recruitment and Retention Coordinator
Medical Doctor- Pediatrics
GVHC Location: Merced/Stanislaus County
Purpose: The pediatrician is responsible for providing quality comprehensive primary health care services. Care is to be provided from aphysician community oriented and case managed perspective. As a member of both the General and Clinic Medical Staff the pediatrician is to be a key participant in ongoing quality assurance, planning, and community networking activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Direct primary outpatient care at least 40 hours per work.
Comprehensive, ongoing, and family oriented pediatric care.
Compliance with GOLDEN VALLEY HEALTH CENTERS personnel policies, clinical protocols, Principles of Practice, and Physician Assistant Supervision Agreement.
Participate in GOLDEN VALLEY HEALTH CENTERS Quality Assurance and peer review program, including participation on the Staff Performance Audit Committee.
Attend and participate in General Medical Staff meetings and other assigned committee activities.
Maintain active membership in County Medical Society and California Medical Association.
Serve as a physician assistant supervisor and as a preceptor to clinicians in training whenever requested to do so.
1. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and push up to 100 pounds (on wheels).
2. Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to clients and staff.
3. Must have vision with or without lenses that is adequate to read memos, a computer screen, personnel forms and clinical and administrative documents.
4. Must have high manual dexterity.
5. Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouching, reaching, kneeling, twisting/turning, fingering and feeling.
1. Graduation from an accredited medical school for allopathic or osteopathic physicians or equivalent.
Training and Experience:
1. Able to obtain California Medical License prior to commencement of employment.
2. DEA Certificate.
3. CPR Certificate.
4. Board Certification within 3yrs. of employment.
Satisfactory completion of an accredited residency training program with Board eligibility or certification in Podiatry is highly desirable.
Satisfactory completion of a residency program.
Golden Valley Health Centers
1910 Customer Care Way
Atwater, CA 95301
GVHC is a private, non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center system serving the Central Valley of California established in 1972. Through our community health centers, we provide comprehensive primary medical care to our local underserved population. GVHC has a competitive compensation package which includes: sign on bonus, relocation, productivity bonus and an excellent benefits package. Recently, GVHC was given a Health Provider Shortage Area (HPSA) score of 16. This allows us to be a part of the state loan repayment program. Operationally, we help your day to day functions with providing two medical assistants per provider and your phone and lap top with at home connectivity. Our health Centers are located in Merced and Stanislaus County with sites from very rural to more urban. The Central Valley is home to almost 6.5 million people within two hours of the beach or the mountains. If you desire to work with the underserved and make a difference in the lives of people every day, then we invite you to learn more about our organization.
View Full Employer Profile