Located in Socorro, NM, Socorro General Hospital is a 24-bed critical access hospital and regional medical center that offers inpatient and outpatient services to the communities throughout Socorro and areas of Catron County.
The high quality of care provided by Socorro General Hospital is made possible through a partnership between Socorro County, a local Board of Trustees and Presbyterian Healthcare Services, the state's only private, not-for-profit healthcare systems, which has owned and managed hospital operations since 1976. Through our affiliation with Presbyterian Healthcare Services we are able to provide additional, highly specialized care, such as open-heart surgery or pediatric sub-specialty care, at facilities in Albuquerque, if needed.
M.D./D.O. in Emergency Medicine, Family Practice or Internal Medicine. New Mexico State M.D. License required. Three to five years experience in emergency care and/or residency trained in emergency medicine to care for patients of all ages, newborn to geriatrics.
Requires detailed knowledge of Emergency Medicine in terms of theories and practices to serve as the resource or educator to other practitioners in the Emergency Medicine field.Primary Functions:Primary responsibility will be providing patient care to the patients of the Emergency and Primary Care Departments.
Provides patient care to patients in the Emergency Department.
• Provides scheduled employee physicals as required by the hospital with the understanding that all patients requiring emergency care will receive first priority.
• Maintains continuing education and ER requirements, i.e. ACLS, ATLS and PALS.
• Maintains communication with hospital and medical staff.
• Meets all documentation requirements to include transfer of patients to other facilities in full compliance with COBRA and EMTALA.
•Performs other functions as required.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PHS is committed to ensuring a drug-free workplace
- See more at: http://www.practicelink.com/jobs/393699/physician/emergency-medicine/New%20Mexico/Socorro%20General%20Hospital#sthash.VneNlp2c.dpuf