Job ID: 289149286
Last Updated: 6/14/2018
Evangeliical Community Hospital
Provider Recruitment and Retention Coordinator
Growing employed physician group is seeking to recruit (2) BC/BE Emergency Medicine physicians to join the team of (14) practice providers in a thriving community hospital located in Lewisburg, PA.
What Makes Evangelical Different?
- Incredible partnership with other specialties:
- In-house Radiologists who discuss findings face to face.
- Interventionalist who knows about the STEMI before you do. You'll be lucky to have time to see the patient before transport to the cath lab.
- Orthopods who are willing to do all the reductions and dislocations themselves (if you chose).
- Central Line? Chest Tube? Need something drained? Surgery is happy to collaborate.
- Hospitalists who work harmoniously with ED staff in regards to admissions and discharges.
- Unsure of a pediatric diagnosis? Peds will see the patient and discharge if the right call.
- Highly incentivized night differential alongside competitive pay.
- Great coverage (At the busiest times - 8 beds to cover at most), Average 1.7 patients per hour
- Amazing resources (In ED PT/OT consults, vestibular therapists, in department Case Management, ED Echo, MRI available)
- No inpatient dialysis or psych.
- Medhost (with customizations that make it great to use) with Dragon
- Coverage includes 21 private emergency rooms to include Fast Track
- Nearby Tertiary Center
About the Role:
- Full time; average 9.5 hour shifts; triple coverage with two physicians and one AP 12.0 hours per day; 2 full time nocturnists - minimum to no nights; share schedule equally
- Certified by ABEM or ABOEM, preferred.
- Stable and cohesive group with very low turnover; positions are due to growth and retirements
- State of the art Emergency Suite with Teleburn, Telepsych and Toxicology all available; Primary Stroke Center Certified
- 32,401 Emergency Room Visits in Fiscal Year 2017
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Full-time Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D, Extended Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401k retirement plan and an additional elective deferral plan
- Extremely generous annual allocation for CME, includes allotted hours for continued education
About Evangelical Hospital:
Evangelical Community Hospital (ECH) serves the residents throughout the Central Susquehanna Valley, including those living in Lycoming, Northumberland, Snyder, and Union counties. ECH is a non-profit, non-denominational acute care hospital with an average of 6,800 admissions per year. In Fiscal Year 2017, ECH had the following clinical statistics: 903 births, 32,401 emergency room visits, and 9,251 surgical procedures. ECH has strong philanthropic relationship with its local communities.
- ECH encompasses 132 patient beds, which includes 18 bassinets, 12 acute rehab beds, 12 ICU beds, 17 stepdown beds and 8 Pediatric beds
- 90 physicians and 74 advanced practitioners on staff including PAs, NPs, CNMs, CRNAs and audiology.
- Employs over 1700 individuals
- Signature services include Orthopedics, Womens Health, Cardiovascular Care, and General Surgery
- Progressive, fiscally stable hospital located in Central Pennsylvania
About the Community, Lewisburg, PA:
ECH is located in beautiful Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is home to Bucknell University, making it a vibrant university town. Although Lewisburg is considered a small town, there is always something to do or see.
- Stroll down historic Market Street and eat at one of the eclectic restaurants like Elizabeths: An American Bistro, Caribbean Connection, Siam, or Sushihanna.
- Spend an afternoon with your family shopping at one of our 47 unique stores or take a look at what the towns museums, like the Lewisburg Childrens Museum or the Packwood House, have to offer.
- If you enjoy hunting, biking, hiking or fishing, ECH is 15 miles from Bald Eagle State Forest.
- Bucknells Weis Center for the Performing Arts brings national acts in ballet, music and theater to the area. The community also features an original 1941 Art Deco movie palace, The Campus Theatre.
- Top ranked public schools (top 4% in PA); low crime community; low cost of living; no traffic!
Contact: Elyse Stefanowicz, Provider Recruiter 570-522-2739 firstname.lastname@example.org www.evanhospital.com
Serving Snyder, Union, Northumberland and Lycoming counties of 223,000, Evangelical Community Hospital (132 beds plus 18 bassinettes and 12 adult rehab beds) with 6400 admissions brings more than 970 lives into the world, cares for 34,000 emergency room visitors and performs over 9000 surgical procedures each year. . A top 15% hospital nationally for Outstanding Patient Experience five years running. One of only two in Pennsylvania with this honor. Recently affiliated with Penn State Hershey Medical Center for Comprehensive Stoke Center Certification services and receives backup support from nearby Susquehanna Health for Interventional Cardiology. Agreements also with Geisinger Medical Center for all other tertiary services. (Evangelical is not a religious-affiliated hospital system)
View Full Employer Profile