Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-C)
University Medical Center of El Paso
Email This Employer
Apply for this position or request more information
University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC), located in El Paso, TX, is looking to fill Family Nurse Practitioners (FNP-C) for our Neighborhood Healthcare Centers (Clinics). UMC is the area s only not-for-profit, community-owned, full service acute care, teaching hospital and healthcare system and a regional referral center for patients in need of specialty care. Unlike the other hospitals in this area, UMC is owned by the people of El Paso.
UMC owns and operates eleven (11) Clinics throughout the City/County of El Paso. Our Clinics currently operate Monday through Saturday between the hours of 7am to 10pm. Our providers must be flexible to work within the hours of operation to include weekend rotation and rotation to clinics throughout the city as needed.
The Nurse Practitioner provides direct primary health care services to patients according to updated guidelines. Identifies and manages uncomplicated disease processes according to updated guidelines and evidence-base system. Consult with a supervising physician whenever there is a significant change in a patient s condition and prior to initiation of any major treatment plan or major procedure.
We are looking to fill -- time and part-time positons.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited master s level Nurse Practitioner program.
- Advance Practice TX-RN license required.
- One year FNP experience required.
- Advanced Certified Nurse Practitioner from The National Certification Corporation.
- Current CPR certification.
- DEA, DPS, and the ability to obtain an NPI Number prior to commencing work.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain flexible and positive in stressful situations.
- Effective assessment, evaluation and resolution skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
Attracting good people, and keeping them, is essential to the strategy of a successful company. Our vitality depends on the quality of our staff. We recognize and reward those individuals who join the University Medical Center of El Paso family with competitive salaries and premier benefits that actually save them money! Those benefits include:
- Excellent compensation package.
- Eligible for quarterly Relative Value Unit (RVU) bonuses.
- Robust benefits including medical, dental, vision and life
- Eligibility to participate in the Texas County/District Retirement System (Defined Pension Plan)
- 403(b) an 457 Retirement Plans
- Generous PTO
- Tuition/Education reimbursement
- Dynamic teaching environment
- Relocation Assistance
- And more!
Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential. We're looking for individuals who enjoy the entrepreneurial thrill of invention and who enjoy working as a team to create a satisfying outcome for our community.
Contact us today! Email resume to Art Macias, Recruitment Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 915.521.7468 .
University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC) is a 395-bed not-for-profit, Level I Trauma Center, Joint Commission accredited acute care teaching facility and healthcare system. We are located on the border of Texas, New Mexico and Mexico. UMC has multiple Neighborhood Healthcare Centers (Clinics) conviniently located throughout the City of El Paso. Our Clinics provide accessible, high quality healthcare, which were established to reduce expensive and unnedessary trips to the hospital.
View Full Employer Profile
© 2017 CareerMD.com | 41 East 11th Street, New York, New York 10003
P: (800) 355-2626 | F: (800) 355-2277