LOCATION: Geisinger Medical Center Hospital, Danville, PA
Geisinger Health System is seeking BC/BE Intensivists for a night coverage position at Geisinger Medical Center, a large tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital, located in Danville, PA.
Geisinger has initiated the Critical Care Medicine Outreach Service (CCMOS) in order to prevent suboptimal outcomes on patient floors during nighttime care.
The duties of the night intensivist on the CCMOS are as follows:
· Respond to all cardiac arrests and appropriate rapid responses on the adult floors;
· Response to nursing, advanced practitioner, and resident requests for assistance;
· Respond to Emergency Department sepsis alerts and other requests for critical care assistance;
· Triage patients into and out of special (intermediate) care and adult intensive care units;
· Function as a Patient First advocate;
· As possible and as time allows, provide assistance when requested to the night CCM advanced practitioners, residents, and fellows.
Because the CCMOS provides night coverage of the adult general medical and surgical floors, the critical care medicine attending FTE for this service will be comprised of 20 clinical weeks per year. There will be no other duties, administrative or educational, added to these clinical weeks.
Geisinger Health System serves nearly 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 9 hospital campuses, 43 community practice sites and more than 1,200 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.
**Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
For more information, please visit geisinger.org/careers or contact: Abraham Layon, MD and Paul Simonelli, MD, PhD, FCCP c/o Kathy Kardisco, Department of Professional Staffing, at 570.214.4460 or email@example.com.