US Air Force
Phone (817) 524-2036
Fax (817) 524-2036
Email This Employer
Apply for this position or request more information
Are you sick of how the demands of practicing your profession have continued to multiply? New regulations, higher insurance costs and patients who can't pay their bills have placed a tremendous burden on good physicians. If you're tired of all this and want a fresh start and new opportunities to practice medicine, consider how the U.S. Air Force can help.
When you become an Air Force Physician, you work with state-of-the-art equipment and are surrounded with highly skilled medical teams. We have more than 75 medical centers, hospitals and clinics worldwide. Your main focus is to provide the best healthcare possible to active-duty patients and their families. You have no overhead expenses, no malpractice insurance costs and no worries about a patient's ability to pay.
Continuing education is important in the Air Force. Qualified physicians can serve as staff members of residency programs at Air Force hospitals, or they can travel to different locations to teach. Plus academic positions are available on the staff of the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Maryland.
Air Force Physicians receive excellent pay and benefits, including rank and starting salary based on education and experience, special pay and tax-free allowances, 30 days of vacation with pay, comprehensive medical and dental care, medical care for their families, tax-free housing allowance, low-cost life insurance, Thrift Savings Plan, eligibility for low-cost VA-backed mortgage loans, discount shopping at on-base grocery and department stores and more.
There are no high-pressure commitments, and everything is confidential. You can also find more information on our website at AIRFORCE.COM/healthcare.
-be a graduate of Medical/Osteopathic School
-have completed an internship and residency training program that is approved by the Air Force Surgeon General or be accepted for a residency training program that is approved by the Air Force Surgeon General
-be board certified or board eligible
-meet physical and moral requirements
-Less than 48 years old (waivers possible up to 60 years old)
Other benefits once you come onto active duty include:
- Commensurate salaries with additional pay on top of your commissioned pay
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- An established practice in group clinic or hospital settings
- Access to excellent colleague consultations on a daily basis
- 30 days of vacation a year with pay; carry up to 75
- **No malpractice insurance**
- Educated and loyal patient base that will follow your treatment plans
- No overhead expenditures
- No staffing concerns, payroll headaches, tax issues, logistics and supply problems
- Managed patient loads
- Autonomy to prescribe treatments without HMO's permission
- Quench your thirst for adventure with worldwide travel
- Supervisory and leadership roles from the beginning
- Opportunity to build your skills without the cash burden of building a practice
- Teaching opportunities
- Complete other residencies or fellowships while serving
- Time to pursue outside interests
- State of the art equipment in state of the art facilities (military training is priceless)
- Retirement - If you choose to make the Air Force your first career, you'll be eligible for our retirement after just 20 years-our non-contributory plan, and our Thrift Savings Plan
Trauma Surgeon's should contact our specialist:
TSGT JOSEPH T. ROBERSON
Health Professions Recruiter
3030 Matlock Road, Suite 210
Arlington, TX 76015
Office: 817-524-2030, ext 203
Or use the contact block on the right of this page.
Air Force Recruiting Services
550 D. Street West, Suite 1
Randolph AFB, TX 78150
COMPANY DESCRIPTION - Air Force Recruiting Service - The world's greatest Air Force -- powered by Airmen, fueled by innovation.
Practice medicine not paperwork-Air Force physicians provide medical care for our nations heroes. They work with state-of-the-art medicine in a group practice and participate in humanitarian and aeromedical missions worldwide. You too, can enjoy career growth with great benefits, no malpractice insurance worries or overhead expenses.
View Full Employer Profile
© 2017 CareerMD.com | 41 East 11th Street, New York, New York 10003
P: (800) 355-2626 | F: (800) 355-2277